THIS IS A BIT ANGRY.

April 17, 2012 19 Comments by Sian

Arsenal 1-2 Wigan

Well last night was rubbish. Not really much more to say of it than that. Wigan wanted and needed points and played very well throughout (though both goals were STUPID) and we just looked like we were playing up against a glass wall. A glass wall that covered roughly the final third of the pitch.

It all went wonky from the moment they turned us around to be honest. We hate that, we really, really hate that. What’s funny though is that even at 0-2 down I felt like we’d be fine. This is 2012 Arsenal, we can turn anything around. Errr, except apparently not. The injury to Mikel Arteta was terrible for us and he will be really missed for however long it is he’s out for. Looks like our panic buy has been more important than anyone will give him credit for eh? All you can cling to is that we did manage to beat AC Milan 3-0 without him that one time. I know we had nothing to lose then, but we have everything to win now so hopefully that slightly warped logic works on our players?

Clueless as to what they were doing last night, though. Even Robin. The T(h)omases were about the only ones up for it and it was simply generally very backward all night. Nevertheless, I believe we will beat Chelsea and this week of worriesomeness will be curtailed. We needed a bomb up the bum (yes… another one) and we surely got one. Though as much as we were cack, Wigan were good. It’s a pity about 17 people were there to see it from a Wigan-supporting point of view, because it was a really good performance from a side who look like they will probably avoid the drop this summer.

Then some bloke I didn’t even know played for Wigan got arsey with Robin for not shaking his hand, even though he had given him his hand, he didn’t want that hand, no he wanted the other hand. People licked their lips at that one. He’s not been racist or broken a leg, so let’s get offended about a handshake incident that wasn’t. Incidentally, I think handshaking is the biggest pile of horse manure in the world. Guess what? Sometimes players don’t like each other. Sometimes managers don’t either. Shaking hands prrrrrrrobably won’t change their ‘He’s an arsehole’ opinions of one another. Performing the most perfunctory, token gesture at the end of the match won’t stop them not liking each other. And I frankly don’t think it’s in the slightest bit ‘respectful’ to do it, if it’s not genuine.

I used to work in a bar. Every time I went into work I used to have to kiss all my colleagues on both cheeks. I didn’t like most of my colleagues. They didn’t like me. The ones I did like, I would have happily cuddled until the end of time, because I liked them. But why did I always have to kiss the cheeks of morons I didn’t like?! It was the same with ‘friends of the bar’ (for this read ‘people who would often mention their great relationship with the owner every time the bill appeared YEAH I DON’T CARE HOW WELL YOU KNOW HIM, PAY YOUR FUCKING BILL’) Whyyyyyyyy. I’m here to serve your drinks, I’m not here to serve your ego.

But the bottom line is, handshaking is stupid. And Robin was angry that we’d lost. Fair bllllloody play my man. People wanted to crucify him for his antics against Newcastle, and they wanted to do the same here. But they have failed, again.

Time wasting was an issue, and I hate time wasting more than the most heinous crimes on the planet, but in this instance I can sort of understand it. At least they were defending a lead… Newcastle. Besides it’s really more the responsibility of the referee (OH WHAT A USELESS HUMAN BEING HE WAS LAST NIGHT) than of the players. Giving someone a yellow card for it about 47 seconds before the final whistle is really not going to change the situation that much. Unless Al Habsi gets banned for accumulating yellows and misses a match in which they concede loads of goals and then go down. In which case, lol. But I don’t really mean that because I like Roberto Martinez and I hope they’re OK this season.

We clapped them off at the end. ‘Cos we’re classy like that. And they may have had few travelling fans but they did all stay until the end, unlike the TOOL behind me who announced at 87 minutes “Nyaaaaaar [that's my generic posh noise] I’m not missing my train for this lot”, and walked out. You. You are all that is wrong with humanity, you utter turnip. Also, don’t announce your departure like we care. We don’t care. I hope you tripped up and lost your ticket and missed your train. Tool.

I didn’t blog post-Wolves because I have loads of deadlines at the moment and I don’t want to be all Posh-tool-behind-me in assuming you’ll care that I’m absent from blogging, but if you wonder where I am, I’m piled under books swearing at my computer. But my final deadline is 9th May so can I get a WOOHOO for that one!

So that’ll be that then. Ohhhhhh sorry to mention Cesc again but I’m afraid I still love Cesc, so I’m going to anyway. He was asked about his role at Barcelona in his press conference today (because Barcelona play Chelsea tomorrow.) He said he was really enjoying it there because his role is more defined, whereas at Arsenal he was a little ‘tactically lost’ because he was freer to play wherever he wanted and bla bla bla. Anyway I’m sure it’ll be reported with unadulterated GLEE tomorrow, so you really don’t need me to regurgitate the press conference. Anyway apparently this is really offensive to Arsenal in spite of being basically the truth. If he’d chosen to not talk about us, he’d have got clattered by ‘How dare he! Doesn’t he know we made him!!!!’ comments. So really what’s a fella to do?

Obviously it’s an English journalist’s prerogative to ask about English football, so ask about an English football team they did. After all, it’s not like they play an English team tomorrow and could have asked all their English-football-related questions about that English team oh noooooo. Cesc was done up like a kipper consistently when he was here, and he will be done up like a kipper consistently while he’s there. It is the way of the world and I still love him. The rest of you, be gone.

Soz if this blog comes across a bit angry, but we lost yesterday, I’ve got loads of work to do, I’ve finished all my Mini Eggs, I got rained on on my run today, and my knee hurts. Here’s to a good Saturday!!!

1. Tomcat1168
    2014 days ago

Another great blog.. Keep up the good work. It is always a light hearted but clearly intelligent read.

Oh and good luck for your deadlines!

Thanks Tom(cat)!

2. Ken
    2014 days ago

So in short, Cesc is undermining Arsene’s tactics! Arsene’s tactics didn’t make him happy? I’d rather he didn’t speak.

2014 days ago

That’s fine, but I know that if he said “I’d sooner not speak of Arsenal,” people would be on their delightful horse speaking of “Waaaaah he’s disrespecting us, we made him, who does he think he is!’ And I don’t think he’s undermining his tactics anyway. He’s stating a fact. His role IS different now.

3. kelsey
    2014 days ago

Nice blog, nice write up, well done.
    Tell it like it is keeping a balanced view.
    From a long time life long gooner

4. kelsey
    2014 days ago

Cesc is like marmite to many supporters.
    great player,had a lot of mentors but a terrible captain. We all knew he would go home but his antics during his last half season did not befit a captain of such a great club IMO

5. Damien
    2014 days ago

It was very disappointing granted, I wanted to have third more secure and enjoy the last few games of the season without the anxiety.

However, I can’t stand the way people have reverted to crisis mode after last night. People already attacking the players and the manager, saying they knew it was all going to turn to shit blah blah blah.

Also Cesc is still great. I don’t understand how people can hate him. He didn’t do a Nasri, he wanted to go home and play with the kids he grew up with, such happens to include someone named Messi. He is a great player, was a great player for us, and I still love watching him play. I hope he wins the Champions League.

Anyway I don’t actually have anything of substance to add, just wanted to complain at all the complainers.

PS. Weird bar! Was it French or something?

6. wrightydenhenry
    2014 days ago

Didn’t seem that angry to me was waiting for a bit of hysteria! Good to see someone who doesn’t think it’s'the world’s'when we lose. I just wish Le Boss would show more grace when we get beaten by a team playing like Wigan.

2014 days ago

Nice blog again, Siany. I suppose a win would have made it nice and comfortable, but this team doesn’t do nice and comfortable, especially this season. It gives the Chav game even more edge.

2014 days ago

Nice blog, Sian. I liked the anger too. You’re funnier when you’re angry. The ‘utter turnip’ was my laugh out loud moment, but you omitted to mention the ‘utter turnip’s vile and inappropriate-for- a-football match turquoise jacket. One of life’s absolute tossers…if fans feel like that about a team they support, I wish they’d stay away.
    Here’s to a great performance on Saturday.

• Daniel
      2014 days ago

Woner where does Sian get her incredible witty form of anger??? ;) love it!!!

• Daniel

Wonder!*

2014 days ago

I’m with Treez above me Sian, the only positives (if you can call them that, consolations is far better I think) of the mighty Arsenal not getting the 3 points are that your blog posts get better than they already are :o and that Internet Joe on the Arsecast is going to be Hilarious, well played Ms.

Loved the story about your bar days, nice little anecdote to explain & justify the Captain’s behaviour to Caldcunt, I didn’t get to watch the game yesterday (lucky?) but looking over it on Arsenal Player today, not 30 sconds had passed since the final whistle when Robin and Caldwell were in each other’s faces, so anyone who would expect RVP to shake his hand is in your words, a TOOL.

Keep ‘em coming! (Allowing your work deadline, Mini Eggs level, I got the Mug with my Easter Egg :p, Marathon Training and Poorly Knee, we’ll all be patiently waiting :) )

10. Tom
    2014 days ago

First time reader. I agree with most of the comments, I’m not going to argue with what I don’t agree with.

P.S. – love how your parents comment on here, they seem lovely! Good luck with them running stuff.

2014 days ago

Bollox to Wigan and all who dare defeat us!! And Cesc can just keep quiet for all I care. Can you imagine a player of his skill bemoaning the fact that his role was “undefined”? Well if you can’t then read the article as he has no problem in doing so. As for calling someone a “turnip” that had me cracking up :)

I now have this weird image of Sian slinging beers and shots in an Arsenal jersey calling people “Bloody dirty turnips!!” anytime they question their bill. Weird.

12. Gf60
    2014 days ago

Almost given you up for lost beneath 10 000 text books, 5000 exam pads and 1000 ball points. WELCOME BACK.
    Good luck with the rest of the torture but do try to keep some spare time to feed the starving their Sian fix.

WOOHOO.

Nothing more to add about the match, I can’t really think of any positives to take away from that… gutted. If we play like that against Chelsea, we’ll get what we deserve but I’ll be very surprised if we don’t come out a completely different team, in a good way – it’s just what we do now.

I’m worried that RVP is tired… I hope he has enough in the tank to help push us over the line. I’m sure he does but my mate saw him in Brent Cross yesterday. I do wish someone would show that guy a nice comfy chair, a coffee table to put his feet up on, a laptop and http://www.Amazon.com. Have a rest pal! (But he did write me an autograph, whch I will frame, so thanks Robin!)

On the Cesc thing, I think he was just being modest really. He’s never been one to shout about how good he is, so he’s probably just trying to get some compliments as we ALL know that he was incredible in his role for us. The best of them all at some stages, in my honest yet humble opinion, and he had to be everywhere for us too, which is why he was knacked for much of the time. OR he’s playing mind games with Chelsea so they go into the game thinking “he’s got…. better?… new underpants, please!”

Bring on Cheslea and good luck with all your deadlines in the next few weeks, Siany. Here’s one more WOOHOO for you :)

2013 days ago

Great post as usual.
    Wigan good, Arsenal bad. What else is there really to say? We needlessly dropped points (again) and as is the norm for us these days, we never do anything the easy way. Auto qualification for CL will take us right down to the last game of the season probably.

As for the weekend. Drogba must be exhausted from his flopping and diving exertions yesterday so will probably be rested for us, which is a good thing as long as Torres doesn’t choose to wake from his self-imposed slumber.

15. fifa 18

I love what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve you guys to blogroll.